Tips For Packing: Labeling Hints
Each and every carton must be labeled:
- Use a broad, felt-tipped marker.
- Clearly mark room and contents.
- Indicate "FRAGILE" on delicates; "THIS END UP" where appropriate.
- If available, include your bill of lading number on every box.
- As you finish with each carton, list the contents on the side of the carton (for easy viewing while
stacked) and in a special notebook. You might want to number and/or code the cartons as well.
- Indicate your name and the room to which each carton should be delivered at destination. Tape a sign on the
door of each room at destination corresponding to the carton labels so movers can get the cartons into the proper rooms quickly.
- Put a special mark (the number 1, or the letter A) on cartons you want to unpack first at destination.